Juliana Choy Sommer, President of Priority Architectural Graphics, contacted Leapup in the Fall of 2017. Founded in 1995, Priority Architectural Graphics designs, fabricates and installs exterior and interior commercial signage and environmental graphics for schools, hospitals, affordable housing projects, transportation businesses and private and public sector offices and mixed-use office buildings.
With a recent Bay Area construction boom, competition among signage companies had increased significantly and Juliana knew she needed expert marketing talent to help her position Priority as the commercial signage and architectural graphics leader in the Bay Area with local to national construction companies and general contractors.
LeapUp Leaps In
After initial discussions with Juliana, it became clear that Priority needed a solid messaging and communications platform so that the company could differentiate itself from its many competitors targeting Bay Area.
Leapup developed a comprehensive strategy to build a comprehensive and integrated marketing foundation and stronger brand messaging, building brand claims and proof points and leveraging the firm’s 500+ clients, rich history of innovation and client service and deep experience managing complex signage projects:
- Research key competitors
- Review Priority Graphics existing marketing assets and opportunities and business development framework
- Redesign the company logo
- Build a compelling brand story and messaging platform which will resonate with target prospects (client segments)
- Create a suite of new digital assets for use on the site and in social media
- Relaunch the firm’s presence online. Build an SEO strategy, new website, establish social media outposts, launch the Signpost blog, build links partnerships, add conversion points for lead and metrics tracking.
- Developing a marketing engine, communications platform and a content marketing strategy for the company for more consistent, comprehensive reach, relevancy and connection with referral networks and prospects.
The new site was launched in the spring of 2018. Leapup continues to support Priority Architectural Graphics with ongoing marketing strategy and executional support including SEO, content marketing, video production, project merchandising, PR/advertising, e-marketing, marketing partnerships and site development.
Since the launch of the new marketing strategy and Priority website, the company has quadrupled in size. In 2020, Priority Graphics was named the 22nd fastest growing private company in the Bay Area on the San Francisco Business Times FAST100 list. In 2021, Juliana Sommer was awarded “Minority Enterprise Business of the Year” by ASIAN Inc. And in Fall 2021, Priority acquired VKK Signmakers, a comparably sized and well-respected signage enterprise in Silicon Valley, serving tech giants including eBay, Yahoo, Intel and other industry leaders. Site traffic and sales leads have increased concurrently for the company, building the visibility and commercial impact of Priority both locally and nationally.